Spencer Borders is a Cleveland county native and a graduate of The Citadel in Charleston, SC. He entered the Commercial Real Estate business in 2005 when he joined Trammell Crow Company (acquired by CBRE in 2007) in Raleigh, NC. During his eight years at CBRE, he specialized in retail properties with a focus on landlord representation, tenant representation, and disposition of leased properties.
Spencer’s focus on brokerage of commercial properties began in 2006 when he joined a corporate account for a regional bank. There, he was part of a team that managed real estate transactions over the banks entire footprint. Spencer has been involved in negotiating over 500,000 square feet of retail space valued in excess of $50 million dollars.
Spencer founded Foothills Commercial Real Estate in the summer of 2013 with the goal of providing large market service and expertise to the smaller markets of the foothills between Asheville and Charlotte. He continues to build a valuable base of knowledge of the North Carolina real estate market.
Spencer utilizes his experience in market research and analysis to aggressively and effectively target opportunities for his clients by taking a strategic, rather than a transactional approach. Having worked with a variety of quality clients, Spencer has experience providing comprehensive site selection and marketing services as well as contract negotiation, adding value throughout his involvement.
Spencer lives in Shelby with his wife and two sons.
- The Citadel, Masters of Business Administration, 2005
- The Citadel, Bachelor of Science, 2002
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, North Carolina
- Member – Charlotte Region Commercial Board of Realtors
- Member – Cleveland County Board of Realtors
- Member – International Council of Shopping Centers
- Eagle Scout
- Shelby Presbyterian Church – Deacon
- Uptown Shelby Association – Board of Directors
- Cleveland County Commission – Retail Task Force
- Historic Shelby Foundation – Board of Directors
- Cleveland Community College – Board of Visitors
- American Heart Association – Heart Ball Executive Leadership Team
- Rotary Club Member – Shelby Club 6040
- Certified Entrepreneurial Community [CEC] – Advisory Committee